Thursday, November 10, 2016

It's Fall, Y'all! Or... Boots and Cutes

FINALLY. Finally, there is a break in the heat in Houston, Texas! Yass!

I love fall most of all. And here's the Cheap-Cute Scoop on this outfit:

THE Boots:
I searched high and low for several years before I found these. I needed some tall black boots and wanted a medium heel on them. I had some old ones that were actually kind of hideous--patent mock-croc with a kitten-ish heel... And it just seemed like the only tall black boots I could find were either flats or biker boots, neither of which was what I wanted.

THESE little beauties were a steal at only $10. Yep. I found them on Shoe Dazzle and got them with my VIP sign-up special offer. Ten dollars and free shipping. Dang! They are not perfect, but they are definitely closer than the old ones. I only got to wear them once last year, because I got them late in the season and there was no actual winter in Houston last year. Sad! I am already happier this year and wearing my boots in 70-degree weather. Brrr!

The Top:
Purchased last year at my current favorite shop, Cato, this top is just a little bit too big on me. Fortunately, with the swishy-swashy style, you can't really tell. It has 3/4-length sleeves and is made of matte-jersey. I love the colors and the look! I don't remember the price, but Cato's prices are really low, so I am guessing I paid about $20, maybe less.

The Leggings:
These are some of my old jean leggings from Walmart. I have them in several colors. They're about $12-$15 and come in a variety of colors and prints. I recently got some that are green tartan! LOVE.

The Secret:
These leggings are crops. They barely come below the wide part of my calf. Really more suitable for spring and summer wear. I was planning to wear them today with my shorter black cowboy boots, but those boots didn't cover the bottom of the pants. There is a look of short boots with a gap at the ankle and jeans (preferably cuffed) or leggings above, but these leggings were too short to do that.

Happy Fall!

No comments: