Friday, February 24, 2017

CheapCute in Black and White

Well, my lovelies, here we are. February in Houston, Texas, means warm temps and time to break out the summer duds and sandals! Here's the Cheap-Cute scoop:

B/W Chevron Skirt: Walmart, of course, about $10. It has high slits on the sides, and I have to turn the waistband down, since I am short. But you could pretty easily cut off this skirt, since it's made of that kind of knit that will curl a little but won't ravel. Try it!

Polka-dot Sleeveless Top: Also Walmart. It was on clearance last summer for $2. Or was it $3? Either way, extremely affordable, and I went back and got it in the red polka dot too. Comfy! And the shoulders cover my bra straps. I hate a top that lets the straps show!

I started out with this top un-tucked, with a thin red belt. It was cute, but the top is kind of long and I wondered how it would look tucked in. Sure enough, it was much more flattering tucked.

Now, I could still put almost any color shoes with this, like my red 40's-style pumps, or my turquoise patent-leather pumps. Black wedge sandals or silver or yellow flats... With black and white, the possibilities are almost endless.

Bonus: I always love the opportunity to wear this cute little pin: a movie clap-board that says "Une belle fille comme moi" (French for "a beautiful girl like me"). My sister brought it to me from Paris years ago and I have cherished it! As for the cheap-cute thing, well, the pin was free to me!

Until next time, be cute!

No comments: