Saturday, February 25, 2017

Cheap Leggings, Cute Legs


Oh, boy! I have gotten on the leggings bandwagon the last few months. I have been wearing denim leggings, which are more like skinny jeans really, for several years. But a certain daughter of mine got really into LuLaRoe in the last year and I started looking at leggings in earnest.

I have one pair of the famed LuLaRoe leggings, courtesy of said daughter, and I do love them. They are "peached" or, as LLR has deemed them, "buttery"--a super-soft fabric that just makes you feel like you're a coddled infant in jammies!

LuLaRoe leggings are very reasonable at $25 a pair, but I have found--with my bloodhound's bargain-hunting nose--that I can do better. (Aside: If you are interested in LuLaRoe, please comment or message me, and I will refer you to a wonderful consultant.)

These pictures show me in two outfits featuring leggings I bought--get this--at the grocery store! Yeah. Go figger. These were even on clearance, 50% off the original $6.99. And the register at the self-check didn't show the discount, so the clerk gave them to me for $3! I bought two pairs at that price. Crazy!

Today is a bit chilly, so I took advantage of the temps to wear this favorite red sweatshirt one last time this season. It's from Woman Within (aka "fatgirls dot com") and probably cost me around $20 last year. One of the things I love about Woman Within (actually www.womanwithin.com) is that most of their shirts cover the crotch--perfect for wearing with leggings, denim, buttery, cheap, or otherwise.

With the red, I added my cute little Scottie pin that I got on clearance at Macy's for $4 right after Christmas. It doesn't look like "holiday" to me, but that's what Macy's called it. It's super-cute with anything black-white-and-red.

I wore my short black suede cowboy boots today, because they are super-comf and warm and cute. They are also super-old, from Payless, of course. Remember to closet shop!

And the other day, I wore the leggings with a simple black tee: 3/4 sleeves, boat neck, buttons at the shoulder. I added these ancient oxford chunky heels in grey flannel and black patent. No doubt from Payless, but many long years ago. I felt super-cute!

Until next time, be cute!





1 comment:

Gianna Blake said...

Quite an interesting post. I am also a fan of leggings. Recently I bought beautiful pair of carbon38 pattern leggings and these are just perfect for work outs. I can use them for casual looks as well. These are of high quality and the patterns on these are super cute.