Saturday, February 25, 2017

Stripe It Cheap!

This quickly became one of my favorite outfits! I feel hip but not like I'm trying too hard to look younger than I am. Of course, part of my Cheap-Cute philosophy is to feel cute, no matter my age or my weight. If I think maybe I am trying a little too hard for my age, I check in with my 20-something daughters. They will set me straight! But usually, they tell me I'm fine.

Okay, here's the nautical Cheap-Cute Scoop:

Navy/White Striped Dress: It's French terry, a fabric I love for its comfort and shape. Walmart. $15. Surprise! I know, I have been getting things at Walmart a lot lately. I still love Cato, and their prices are almost as low as WM, but somehow, I have wound up at the Walmart more than I probably should of late. Probably because they are the cheapest anywhere. And they really do have some cute things. If you know how to shop!

More about this dress--I love it so much that I went back to see about another one. I looked online and saw that it also came in red and white stripes, heather grey, and black. I didn't need black. I didn't want another stripe, either, so I thought I would get the grey. Well... I saw it in person in the store and I didn't like it at all! After all those fantasies I had about all the cute things I would put with it! Tsk. It's cool, though. I'm happy with the navy and white.

Burgundy Suede Belt: On clearance at Cato for $4. Shyeah-hah.

Burgundy Flats: Payless, of course. Don't remember what I paid, but you know, $15-$25, depending on BOGO and coupons. These are the CUTEST shoes! I just love them, and they happen to match the belt perfectly!

Navy Leggings: Oh, yes, must not forget the leggings. I can do this outfit without, of course, but when I put it together, it was "winter", which, in Texas, means slightly too cool to go bare-legged. Well. I searched high and low for footless navy tights. I'd have settled for the footed kind, but even they were scarce as hen's teeth. I stumbled across these--"fleece-lined tights"--at Walgreens for six bucks! Yeah! Who'da thunk?

And here I am, totes adorbs.

Until next time, be cute!

No comments: