Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Crazy Cute


How crazy is this?

This is such a funky skirt that I can only hope to wear it a few times. I just thought it was really neat and yes, I got it on sale.

I found the skirt at Macy's on a clearance rack. There was no tag on it and neither the sales clerk nor I could find another skirt like it. The clerk found one that was close enough and used that tag. It was $11.95! She warned me that, without a tag, I would be unable to return the skirt. But I thought, for twelve bucks, who cares?

Then came the arduous task of finding the right top to go with. The skirt is a double layer of thin cotton, but the colors are very fall-y, so I tried some of the colors in the skirt... All overwhelmed. I settled on this brown, which blends pretty well and then I threw in--ta da!--my Notorious Aqua Cowboy Boots!

I never get to wear these boots, so this was a treat.

Now, you know where the skirt came from, but what about the other pieces? The sweater came from Chadwick's (www.chadwicks.com) last year for about $20 or so. (I'll do a post on catalog and online shopping soon. Chadwicks has some great deals and excellent basics.)

The NACBs (Notorious Aqua Cowboy Boots) were an online purchase about two years ago. I don't even remember where I got them, but I seem to recall Googling "aqua cowboy boots" and found them. They were well under a hundred, around $65, I think. Well worth it!

If you like the look, you can now recreate it. If you think I look too silly to be cute, well, at least it was cheap! After all, that's what I'm all about--shop cheap, look cute!

Until next time,
Susan K. Morrow

No comments: