Monday, November 16, 2009

Sweaters All 'Round!


Today dawned windy and chilly in Austin, Texas, and I was happy to have a new sweater to wear!

Yes, I went to one of my faves: New York & Co. I don't know if this sale is going on today, but over the weekend, all tops were buy one, get one half off. This is becoming a wonderful shoppers' trend: Several stores have borrowed the "BOGO" idea from Payless and are offering this kind of deal. NY & Co. recently offered it on pants and other bottoms, so keep your eyes open, e.g., subscribe to emails from the stores you like.

And this outfit came out of my weekend trip to the mall! Because I bought the cardigan and the camisole--both tops--one of them was half price. I also had a coupon, AND received a coupon for future use. Both pieces together cost me about $50. Not the least I have ever paid, but pretty good.

The cardigan is extremely soft, 100% acrylic (I am allergic to wool), and has pretty sparkly buttons. It comes in several colors, and I also picked it up in a rich red. The cami has a diamond pattern in two shades of turquoise, plus white, black, and grey. It comes in other color ways, as well as solids.

I had the black jeans from last year--they fit really well, and I think are regularly priced at $29.99 at Macy's, brand "Style & Co." This is a "mature woman's" jean--sits a little higher on the waist and is cut a little straighter. With my slender legs and "tiny mutant pelvis" (Oh, that's a blog post waiting to happen!), these fit me pretty well.

The booties, which I just LOVE, are grey suede and came from--where else?--Payless last year. No idea what I paid, but I would put money on it being under $25. They are very comfy for heels and they keep my feet warm!

You could reasonably recreate this whole look for about $100, including shoes. I forgot to put on earrings, but wouldn't silver ones be nice?

Until next time,
Shop Cheap, Look Cute!
Susan K. Morrow

No comments: