Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A New York Minute

I don't have much time, so this will be quick! I want to give a plug to my friends at New York & Co.

You've read about them at least a couple of times here on this blog. I would hazard a guess that about 1/3 of my wardrobe comes from that store.

Really? Wow, that's a lot of clothes from one store! Maybe I exaggerate, but I do shop there a lot.

New York & Co. is probably in your mall, and is definitely online: www.nyandcompany.com. My sister told me once that there are no such stores in Nashville, Tennessee, but there are. Don't be fooled if you just haven't heard of it!

It offers frequent new collections, about every 6 weeks, so you can usually find something new and different. The clothes are not quite like anything you'll find in other stores, either.

The clothes are primarily aimed at grown women, not teenagers. My daughters (presently ages 18 and 22) have told me that I am generally safe shopping there, because their clothes are almost all appropriate for my age, which is--ahem--mid-40s.

I am concerned about dressing appropriately for my age, and you should be too. If you are in your late 30s, for example, you are past the age of the mini-skirt! I'm not kidding! I don't care how cute your legs are, it's not "fittin'" to wear super-short skirts at your age!

New York & Co. helps me stay age-appropriate, but it also often features clothes that my grown daughters enjoy. They have even found jeans that suit them at their ages.

As I mentioned in my post on credit cards, New York & Co. offers fantastic deals, sales, coupons, etc. And no, you don't always have to use the NY & Co. credit card to get them.

So I recommend checking out the store, either storefront or online. And btw, I am not receiving any compensation for this! (I wish!) On the contrary, I pay New York & Co. all the time, buying clothes there!

Check it out and let me know what you think of the store!

Until next time,
Susan K. Morrow

No comments: